The history of Littlefield Memorial Baptist Church began on June 27, 1851 when seven people formed the Freewill Baptist Society of Rockland. The original building was dedicated on January 13, 1853, and still stands on Camden Street within sight of our present building. In 1905 the church's name was changed to commemorate its first pastor, the Rev. W. H. Littlefield, who served from 1852 - 1859.
The present brick facility is located on 11 acres of shore front property purchased in February, 1965. The first worship service was held in this building on Mother's Day, 1971.
On Mother's Day 1996, the celebration of the 25th year in this new facility was celebrated with the groundbreaking of the Henderson Memorial Wing, the home of Pen Bay Christian School. Construction took place the summer of that same year. The dedication of the new wing took place on Sunday, November 10th, 1996 at 3pm